Do you struggle to change your mindset no matter what you try? Do you feel like the personal development community’s advice never works?
In today’s solo sesh, host Chrystal Rose breaks down the three common lies of the personal development world. We’re often told that we must always chase lofty goals to be successful or that we’re never allowed to quit our dreams once we start them. In reality, we can dream as big or small as we want because we know what makes us happy. Ultimately, it’s our lives, and no one else gets to decide what’s best for us.
It’s important to understand that the personal development community isn’t always right. Learn more about outdated dogmas, determining your own dreams, and why you should only pursue goals you love.
- “If you love it and enjoy it, it will be enough.” (4:20-4:23 | Chrystal)
- “If you enjoy what you do, or you love what you do, or maybe you don’t love the actual little things, but you love the industry, or whatever it is, you’re exactly where you belong. And don’t let anyone tell you differently.” (7:17-7:27 | Chrystal)
- “We have to be the only one who determines our dreams and goals and to know if it is truly big enough, whatever that means for us. We get to decide.” (11:42-11:57 | Chrystal)
- “It is your responsibility, if this is your dream that you absolutely love, to do whatever it takes to stay in the game.” (14:28-14:36 | Chrystal)
- “Even if you walk away from something you love, no matter what that path is, there may be a lesson to be learned. There may be a reason you went down that path that you may not realize until later when you’re looking back.” (19:02-19:17 | Chrystal)
Connect with Chrystal:
To join our Self Love Breakfast Club text community, text SLBC to 704-270-6577.